We have the latest numbers for the Argyle and Lantana real estate markets, so today we’d like to compare the year-to-year statistics and analyze the trends we’re seeing. Here’s how February 2019 stacks up to February 2018.
There’s a lot going on in the Argyle market; while it’s a fairly small area, it’s experiencing a huge amount of growth:
- The median home price grew 20% to $484,000.
- There were 86 listings, which was a 53% increase.
- The number of closed sales went up 17%.
When the number of listings is increasing faster than the number of homes sold, it means there’s more inventory. That’s certainly the case in Argyle, which currently has five months’ worth of supply. As a buyer, this means you have some options.
We live in Lantana, which is a beautiful, master-planned community. It’s still experiencing some new home construction, but most of the neighborhood is already built:
- The median home price grew 5% to $420,000.
- The number of active listings fell by 1%; we have more homes coming soon, though.
- The number of closed sales dropped 43%.
Lantana only has 2.8 months’ worth of inventory, which means it’s a seller’s market. As a seller, you’d have little competition, increased visibility for your home, and an easy time finding a buyer.
If you would like to talk about listing your home in the future, have any questions, or need more information, feel free to reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you soon.